- USA Elite Training offers two types of summer softball clinics: Position Players Clinic and the Pitchers & Catcher Clinic. Each clinic is instructed by the USA Elite Training, LLC Softball Coaching Staff, which includes current and former college all- star players, and area high school and college coaches. The clinic instructor to student ratio will not exceed 1 to 8. The players will be broken up into skill and age group during each clinic session. — see schedule above.
- USA Elite Training offers summer clinics for players ages 8 to16. The clinics are held at outside field locations throughout CT. The summer clinics are divided into two sessions. The “All Skills Program, is held from 9am till noon and the Pitchers and Catchers Program is held from 12:30 till 3pm.
7 day notice required for refund for cancellations or changes to registration. No make-ups for illness. For medical injuries with a Doctor’s note – a Credit will be provided. If there is inclement weather and camp is cancelled for the day, the Friday make-up date will be utilized. If there is a 2nd day of inclement weather, we may be forced to adjust the times of the remaining days of camp (start earlier and/or end later). In either case, NO REFUNDS WILL BE PROVIDED, no exceptions.
Membership rates apply only if the player is a current member of USA Elite Training. Info/to join-visit our website www.usaelitetraining.com
- Each day the pitchers and catchers will spend the first half of the clinic working on specific skills for their position. Pitchers will learn the correct fundamentals of windmill pitching including: how to grip and snap the 2 and 4 seam fastball, drills to improve arm circle speed and mechanics, drills to improve balance and explosion in the pitching motion. The goal of clinic is to improve accuracy and speed. The beginning pitchers will work on Change-ups and the advance pitchers will work on spins for various pitches. All pitchers will work on fielding position, and how to set batters up. All pitcher speeds will be checked via radar gun and spin rotation via the Rev Fire.
- The catcher skill work will include learning the proper stances, framing, throwing techniques, blocking, pick off plays, fielding bunts, passed balls and how to call a game.
- The daily program will emphasize the following skills: throwing, fielding, the short game and hitting. In addition, fundamentals of each position (double-plays, covering bases, cutoffs, etc.) and defensive and offensive strategies will be covered. This program includes base running, sliding, selecting the proper equipment for the individual position and live game situations.