2021 Pro Catching Classes
Jr. HIGH SCHOOL
5 week Program with Shalise Tolentino-D2 College Coach
This is a 5 week intense and fast paced catching program designed to get Jr. high school players ready for their upcoming season. Only serious players should register as you must be prepared to do homework and practice outside of class
Mondays, 6-7 pm
February 1, 8, 15, 22
Location: USA Elite Training Facility, 280 Schoolhouse Road, Unit D, Cheshire, CT
Age REQUIREMENTS: Must be Jr. High School Age / and Travel ball Player to participate
Registration Fee 5 weeks : Member $175* / Non-member $200
(*NOTE: Member price is avail to those players who currently hold memberships to USA Elite Training. For info on memberships, please visit our website or call.
Class limited to 6 players – register early!
- The Hapanowicz training program has been producing successful catchers over 28 years. Get your player the correct fundamentals of the art of catching before the incorrect habits are created.
- USA Elite Training Catching Clinics are offered from September till March for ages 8 to 16 at our indoor training center. The catching clinics utilize the Hapanowicz training model to teach the correct fundamentals of the fastpitch catching.
- Learn the important elements of being a Fast Pitch Catcher from Shalise Tolentino – D2 Coach at AIC in Springfield, MA.
- In order for the battery to be successful, the catcher must learn the proper techniques. This 5 week class will cover the following topics: Stance, receiving the ball, throwing, blocking, pick-off plays, fielding bunts, pass balls and how to call a game.
- Fundamentals of the three stances
- Receiving and framing techniques
- Proper throwing and footwork technique
- How to properly block the ball
- How to field bunts properly and the correct throwing technique when fielding a bunt
- How to correctly field a bunt and proper throwing technique
- How to call a game and to command the field
- Strength exercises and footwork speed drills will be included